What a terrific choice of location where Coach unveiled their Fall 2012 collection at The Marmalade Pantry @ The Stables.
On the way to the preview, I was picturing the run of the event being a runway show led by riders on horse with coach endorsements head to toe. How cool would that be?! But of course, it didn’t happen that way.
Upon arrival, we were greeted by unfamiliar candy pop coloured bags with somewhat familiar silhouette. Yes, these were Coach’s revamped collection! Recollections of the Coach’s iconic leather-trimmed signature jacquard and brand logo embossing were nowhere in sight.
I bring to you… inserts drum-roll Coach’s The Legacy Collection! This candy pop collection embraces its heritage of craftsmanship and classic styles in their design archives, bringing Coach fans a fresh range of colour palettes and revamped silhouettes of their merchandises.
They provide lifestyle products for both urban men and women ranging from outerwear to bags and accessories and now, even footwear! A leading global fashion trend setter indeed! Once released in store, it’ll definitely be the next hot topic in town!
Grab your pen and some paper cause what I’ll be sharing with you are the key themes and designs that you won’t want to miss out! Let’s start with the women products first.
For the handbags, you would want to take note of the silhouette, color, materials used and design details.
- Several handbags were revamped from Coach’s heritage archive such as the Duffles, the Saddle Bag and the Penny Shoulder Purse.
- New silhouettes seen are the Tanner tote, the Rory Satchel, the Flap Carryall and the Candace Carryall. These silhouettes are offered in two size.
- Vibrant colours like yellow, blue, green and red are used.
- Solid colourblocking and colour-tipping for all merchandises.
- Coach’s heritage leather including two glove-tanned
- Tassels are consistently seen in each and ever bag.
- All logos are gold emboss onto surface.
- Graphic ocelot fabric
- Design elements seen are tubular handles, leather-bound edges and contoured strap anchors.
- Hardware seen on accessories are harness buckles, oversize metal zippers, grommets, turnlocks and dogleash clips.
- Whipstitch and pick-stitch are used in certain handbags details
This collection also comprised Bonnie Cashin designs and fabrics. (Image below)
Check out editor Jess rocking the suede bag at the preview! Looking great!!
My personal favourite bag is the leopard print at the front! What a beauty!
What I love about Coach’s new wallet design is the front zip compartment, which enables you to store your phone! Finally, I’ve found a wallet that can hold both my cards and phone! These are also great gifting ideas to your loved ones!
My personal favourite is the metallic loafers! So futuristic looking! Even the sneakers is spotted with the iconic tassel!
And here’s a collection overview for women, all done up and display on this pretty wall:
If only I could own this wall, sigh…
Alright, next, the men’s collection!
I’m in love with Coach’s Bleecker Debossed Stripe Collection. This collection is a combination of Coach’s heritage material and silhouette blended with current fall inspiration, racing. As a result, a balance of rugged yet masculine and classic looking range of products including Ipad casing, wallets and a travel duffle, the Boston Bag.
I won’t mind swapping my current wallet for these!
You won’t believe if I told you that the leather used in the men collection are of same material as a baseball gloves. How cool is that??!
Before I end off my post, let me leak to you a secret..
Coach will be having a collaboration with Anna Sui in December in their Duffle style handbags.
Keep a lookout for that!
The Coach Legacy Fall 2012 collection will be available in all Coach stores from July 2012 onwards.
Exciting new colours will be injected into the collection progressively.